Wednesday, November 24, 2010

One....Day til Thanksgiving, Two....Days til Black Friday!

We are only ONE DAY away from Thanksgiving. Nick's parents are coming in to town. We are so excited that they are going to be able to spend Thanksgivng with us. I wish all of our family could be here but we know that's just not possible. We have a little surprise for Papa and Gigi when they come. I can't tell you yet just in case she reads this tonight. ;) Don't worry, I'm not pregnant. I have so been enjoying spending time at home with just Nick and Malachi. I love having the whole day to just sit and play, sleep in, eat when we want, etc. We also started painting our living room again. Hopefully it won't be too much longer until we finish. I HATE painting. It's so not as fun as I thought it would be. I'm a little more calmer than I was in March when we first started. That's right, we haven't painted since March because we almost killed each other! It's coming along, slowly but surely.

And....We are TWO DAYS away from Black Friday. I have never done the whole black Friday shopping extravaganza but this year I have decided to tackle it. Things just happen when you have a baby and you suddenly realize you will do anything to get them that special "thing." Even if it means, screaming and scratching through the crowds. I'm not sure how I will do or even if we will get what we are looking for but at least we will have tried, right? I mean honestly, I flipped out in Walmart the other day because this lady was taking her time pushing her cart and I couldn't get around her because there was either someone or some display on either side of her. So.....watch out people!!!! Plans are this: 12:00a.m. Walmart, 4a.m. Target. I'll let you know if the plan goes accordingly. Check back for a Thanksgiving Day post and Black Friday update. Until then...Happy Thanksgiving. Be thankful for everything...in the good times and in the bad.

3 comments:

  1. How fun! I miss black friday shopping. I use to go with the whole family on my mom's said. Laura would go too. Can you believe that? We had a lot of fun. We never went for anything special because we didn't want to get my hopes up. If we happen to come out with a good deal we were happy. (we always ended up with good deals) Happy Thanksgiving! You have a precious little family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is suppose to say on my mom's side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw your facebook post EARLY this morning, I thought.. I'd probably do that too if I were a mom. For now, I'm going to enjoy my sleep because I just read your previous blog below. :)Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete