Sunday, November 14, 2010

Malachi's 1st tree!!

This is Malachi's 3rd Christmas but this year he is bigger and more aware of what's going on. Since I can remember, there was one thing at Christmas time that me and my brother always looked forward too (he lost interest way before I did).............putting up the Christmas tree with my mom!!! I can remember the anticipation of her going and getting the tree and all of the ornaments out of the shed. I was always so excited to see her walk through the door with the big box that contained everything. There were a couple of years that we had a real tree (which I love) but for the most part, we had the same ole tree for as long as I can remember. And the ornaments, I can remember scurrying through the box to find my favorite ones. Again, we had these ornaments forever. It's been a long time since I was able to put up a tree with my mom but now I can do it with my kids and she can do it with my niece and nephews now.
So last night I put up our tree!!! I've never done this before Thanksgiving because I do love Thanksgiving and spending all day eating, sleeping, and watching football on that day. But, we are gone so much during Decemeber it seems that we never really get to enjoy our tree. So I decided to go ahead and put it up. And I had my little helper to hang some ornaments. I still have a lot more ornaments to put on it but here's a sneak peak.
Malachi also got to decorate his own tree. Every year since he was born he has picked out a new ornament. Well, I guess we picked it out the first year. :) Last year he picked out a basketball goal with sneakers on it. This year, can you guess what he picked out? That's right......Toy Story. It's such a cute little tree. Perfect size for him. So here's to the beginning of a wonderful Thanksgiving/Christmas holiday!!
The day he got his ornament. He was so excited. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment