Saturday, November 27, 2010

Crazy Thankful!

I have sooo much to be thankful for. I could make a list that would go on and on for days. A few of the things that I am most thankful for: 1. My family of course, immediate and extended. Without my family what would I do. My husband and son mean the most to me. I love them so much!
2. A job. I realize that even in the midst of me hating my job as much as I do, I still have a job. And that, I am thankful for.
3. Friends....I truly have some of the best friends anyone could ask for both far and near.
Like I said, I could start naming things like: sweet tea, kisses from Malachi, etc....but that list would go on and on. We have had a wonderful Thanksgiving break thus far. Nick's mom and dad flew in on Thanksgiving Day. We were so blessed to have them. So my big surprise??? I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for us all! My first turkey was a success. Turkey, green bean casserole, corn, rolls, yams, and mashed potatoes. And I topped it off with a pound cake made from scratch. I'm not a big pound cake eater, but they keep eating it so I guess it's alright. lol Thursday night, Nick and I got to Walmart at 10:30. We had never been Black Friday shopping before and therefore, could not believe people were already in line! Good grief. I have never seen anything like this in my life. However, it was sooo funny to me, I plan on doing it for years to come. I even almost missed one of my deals because I was so focused on watching the crazy people. We got what we wanted and were checked out by 12:15. Thank goodness cause that was INSANITY at its finest. I started at 9a.m. Saturday morning. Trying to find some more good deals and I did. I picked up the fam around 11 and we shopped until we dropped. We all had fun!
We didn't get the present for Malachi we had wanted, on sale that is, so we just had to pay full price and be done with it. I can't wait though. He is going to love it. He already loves it. Everytime we go in the store he goes crazy over it.
I am extremely blessed to have such wonderful people in my life. This Thanksgiving was our first Thanksgiving in our house and hopefully many more to come.
Time for the fam to watch Toy Story 3.
Waiting on Papa and Grammie aka GiGi at the airport.

2 comments:

  1. Ah...love the pics! Mom told me about the Thanksgiving dinner! I LOVE IT!!!! That was such a good surprise. Can't wait to see you for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you cooked the whole dinner by yourself! WOW! So impressed! I only cooked a sweet potato casserole, corn, & a dessert, & I was worn out! Haha!

    ReplyDelete