Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas #2...........Florida!

Monday when we returned from Arkansas, we were in a mad dash to do laundry and pack again before leaving for Florida at 6a.m.!! Not my ideal flight time but that was the cheapest so we took it. It was nice being there with all the family, although I had hoped for warmer weather. There was one day that the weather was perfect so we took Malachi to the beach so he could play in the sand and water. The water.......FREEEEEZING!!!! We didn't let him play to long in it or his toes would have probably broken off. He had a blast though playing in the sand. I can't wait until this summer when we go on vacation and he can play all day long in the water and sand.
Everyone was able to come home for Christmas. All the kids were there and that's just what Daddy Cowan wanted, all of his kids home for Christmas. We had such a great time hanging out with everyone, just sitting around chillin' and doing absolutely nothing. As you remember, Callie (my sister-in-law) is pregnant. So it was fun sitting around with her talking about the baby and the nursery and all that comes with it. Wednesday night we had a Mary Kay make-up party. Chrissy, my other sister-in-law, sells Mary Kay so she brought all the goods for us to play with. We had a great time hanging out with Callie's family and getting our faces all done up purty. :)
Saturday was CHRISTMAS!!! We had a wonderful day. Around 3p.m. we opened presents. Malachi got plenty to play with and books to read. After our gifts we feasted on Turkey and ham and all the fixin's. Mother Cowan did a wonderful job cooking...as always. That night we had the most fun. We played Guestures and Taboo. It was hilarious watching everyone act out. Right up until I kicked the counter and bruised the back of my heel. It hurt so so bad. I was trying to act out the word.....Winner. The word before that was hurt....go figure. But the best acting out by far was when Father Cowan acted out a ballerina and Mother Cowan acted out a belly dancer. You can see Mother's in the collage. I only wish I would have had the camera ready when Papa did his.
We had a wonderful visit. I miss seeing the family and being there but it's always good to be back in my own bed and my own house. We are looking forward to our visit with the Cowan's again. The next time we visit, we will have a new niece or nephew!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment