Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day......2011

The older I get and the older my son gets, next year it will be sons :), the more I start to appreciate the act and responsibility of motherhood. Motherhood is scary. A tiny little person, that you have carried inside of you, protecting and doing all the things you know to do to help he/she be born healthy, and then, they are born and a whole new world of protection begins. Why is he crying? Is he sick? I think he has fever. I hope it's not broken. On and on go the thoughts in a mother's head. Am I doing this right? Why can't I fix them? A mother never rests. Well, I feel like I never rest. Isn't it funny how we change when we become a mother? Catching puke in our hands (mostly so it doesn't ruin the carpet), wiping that snot with your fingers, eating that candy that has been chomped on for the past 5 minutes because they don't want it anymore, realizing that that favorite shirt you love is just gonna be stained from now on, acting a little undignified to get your child to eat-it's really ok. These are all small, small things that a parent does. But, with all the cuts, and bruises, bumps on the heads, restless nights, there is no greater love than the love a mother feels for her child. It's almost like an unexplainable love. You really can love so much it hurts. I feel so honored and blessed that God chose me to be the mom to two wonderful little boys.
***My mom......what can I say, she's a superhero. I could not do life without her. She's there when I need her, she's a hardworker, she loves unconditionally, and she's what keeps our family going. She never has a lot to say but her kindness and love is enough to cover her words. I am so blessed to have such an incredible mother. She has taught me how to be a mother and I can only hope that I can be there for my kids like she has been for me.
***My mother-in-law.....I am soooo blessed to have such a great mother-in-law. Not everyone gets along with their in-laws, not everyone likes their in-laws. But I have been blessed to be a part of this family and I couldn't have asked for a better mother-in-law. She's loving, kind, hardworking, always there for kids and their family. (sounds a lot like my mom, huh) She's an amazing woman that I am so honored to know and be a part of her life. Thank you Lord, for giving me the women that are in my life.
***I had a wonderful Mother's Day. We all ate breakfast in bed together. I was then presented with flowers. Flowers that never die.....the best kind. They are Nick and Malachi's hands. And if you'll notice in the picture, the little bitty circles on the "stem" are Lawson's little hands. :) We had lunch together and just enjoyed being a family. I love my family more than life itself.

1 comment:

  1. i am crying reading this bolg jess! everything you said is so true!! I love your love for your family and I love you too! those are the best flowers ever!! more than any amount of money could buy!

    ReplyDelete