Wednesday, March 2, 2011

This world is not my home...

As most of you know, my sweet granny went to be with the Lord last Thursday, Feb. 24th. It's always hard losing somone so close to you. The thought of never touching her sweet face, hearing her gentle voice, and seeing her face to face......it hurts. But, at the same time, there is joy that floods my heart. A joy from knowing she is with Jesus now. A joy from knowing that she isn't in anymore pain. A joy from knowing she is once again with my grandpa and together they are singing praises to our Lord. What a wonderful thought isn't it?

As I sat at the funeral and watched loved ones gather around one last time, to get one last glimpse, in my mind I could only think, we will see her again. As the people passed by and touched her sweet face and kissed her one last time, I could only think, that's only her body, cause she is in heaven.

For some, when a loved one passes, life and all that you have in this life, become a bigger realization and you become much more thankful for what you have and who you have in your life. And I won't say I didn't think to myself how thankful I am for my family but the bigger realization for me was HEAVEN. To sit and think of what heaven may be like is always so refreshing to me. No more pain, no more tears.....this is the place I want to be. We've all heard songs like This is my temporary home and This world is not my home......I am so thankful to know that I have a home that far exceeds any mansion on this earth.

Nick and I had a wonderful talk about heaven and death. What would we want at our funeral? Where would we be burried? For some it may be something you would never talk about but for me, it felt peaceful. It's a wonderful feeling knowing that Heaven will be my home someday. I would love to see my kids grow up and grow old with my amazing husband...but should the Lord choose me to go today, I've been saved by the blood of the Lamb and I'm ready.

Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment