Sunday, August 17, 2014

Our First Week of School.....

Last week was our first ever......first week of kindergarten and my first week of teaching. I'm happy to report, WE ARE STILL ALIVE!! I have had two babies, woke up every two hours for feedings, still get woke up every night but never in my life have I been more tired than when I finished my first week of teaching. Was that a for real situation?!?!  Walking kids to their car for an hour in 98 degree weather just took the icing right off the cake. Every night I would come home and all but die. My body was here and breathing but my mind was in a land of zzzzzzz's. I felt so bad for the boys because they of course wanted to play but I literally couldn't move. When I would wake up in the morning, my calves felt like I had been to boot camp the night before. I would just pray, please don't let me get a charlie horse in the middle of class. :) All in all though it was a great first week. I had so much support from my co-workers. I couldn't ask for a better group of people to work with.

Malachi is absolutely loving it kindergarten! He loves his teacher, especially the treasure chest they get to pick from on Fridays. ;) He usually gets him in a good little nap between school and home in the evenings. Wiped out. I'm so thankful that I am able to see him during the day. Even just the little things like when I walked by he was using the teacher pointer and "teaching" the class. He was really just the helper. But I loved that I get to witness these first memories of him in school. (Did I mention before he even started school he asked for a pointer for his birthday??)

Lawson had a great first week in the 3's class. He had a new teacher but seems to be doing ok with her. Nick said he had a great first week too. He's an old pro at this teaching thing so he came home and was an actual living and moving human being. :)

I'm looking forward to a great year and a lot of growing!!!

                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment