Monday, March 24, 2014

Spring Break

I'm pretty sure I blinked and spring break was over. I love having time off with the whole family. Staying up late, sleeping in, not cooking.....sounds like a good week to me. :)  We didn't have a lot of plans, just hanging out and getting things done around the house. One day we went to Klyde Warren Park so the boys could play. It was my first time there and I must say, it's a very nice place to hang out and eat. I love that they have food trucks even though we didn't eat from them this time. (The lines were just way too long.) After the park, we went to the bookstore. We really need to take the boys more often. They loved picking out their own books and I loved the prices of them. We found a baseball field at one of the local parks and decided to get a little practice in. Then we headed home to end our day with ice cream.
Day 1

Tuesday we went to the zoo. It was such a beautiful day and it actually felt like spring. The boys enjoyed the zoo so much more this time. Well, the last time we went, Lawson was just a baby so I guess he didn't care either way. Malachi enjoyed it a lot more this time. We rode the dart from downtown which made the trip that much more exciting. A train ride is a win win either way. 
 Day 2
Lawson did not like the big Iguana. 
 

The rest of the week was spent on house projects, studying and reading. I almost have our bedroom redecorated. I can't wait to show you. We haven't had it decorated since we moved in, almost 5 years ago! We got the living room painted.....Love the color! Now we are getting ready to put in wood floors. This makes me so excited. I am so sick of our cheetah colored carpets. (That's how many stains are on it.) There is still a lot to be done in with the living room and kitchen but at least we are making progress!!

No comments:

Post a Comment