Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas in Arkansas

This past week we spent Christmas in Arkansas with my family. My niece and nephew stayed with us which made it even better (and a little louder). :) We left Friday night after Nick's game so we didn't get to my parents until about 2:30am. And I wasn't even tired!

Saturday we (except for Nick and Lawson) spent all day Christmas shopping. It was quite the adventure. Santa Claus was in town also. I really wanted to get Malachi and my niece's picture taken with him but Malachi.was.not.having.it. My niece on the other hand, was soooo excited. She said and I quote, "I've never got to see him up close, only on the fire engine at the parade" as she clasp her hands together with a big smile on her face. It was wonderful. I kinda want Malachi to believe in Santa but I won't push it. If he does he does, if he doesn't, I just hope he doesn't ruin it for anyone else. ;)

Sunday we had family pictures taken with a long time high school friend. She's an amazing photographer and I can't wait to get the CD. Malachi had only had a 20 minute nap so he was a big BEAR. I don't think we got one picture with him smiling. And did I mention how cold it was? So between no nap and the cold weather, he was a pretty unhappy camper. All well. They turned out fabulous anyway. I can't wait to blow them up and get them on my wall.

Monday we visited with my grandparents. I'm so thankful that we were able to spend another holiday with them. This was the first Christmas without Granny Brown which made it a little sad to be home but so thankful she is rejoicing in Heaven.

Yesterday, all of Nick's family arrived from Florida and Alabama and will be here until Tuesday. I'm so glad they were able to come for Christmas. This is the first time they have seen Lawson. The first time they saw Malachi was also at Christmas. Lawson is 4 months old and Malachi was 3 weeks old. Wait. What?? Did I just say Lawson was 4 months old?!!? Yes I did. I just can't believe how fast it is going by, again. He goes to the doctor next week for his 4 month check up. Not looking forward to the shots but curious to know how big he is. Anyway, I love having our famil

Ready to spend a wonderful Christmas with our wonderful family.

No comments:

Post a Comment