Monday, May 23, 2016

He Sees the Bigger Picture

About a year ago, we had some big changes happen to our family. Sweet Jaxson came two weeks early and Nick started a new job. My head couldn't seem to wrap around the sudden job change but I could clearly hear God repeating, I see the bigger picture. I know you don't see it but I do. So, I trusted and He was right, He could see things develop that I would have never seen had Nick not changed positions.

I feel like time and time again God repeats, just remember, I see the bigger picture. The other night Lawson and I were walking in to Walmart holding hands. I was holding his hand pretty tight because I knew he was going to try and play around and run ahead of me. I would slack up a little so he could get a little farther from me but when I would see a car coming I would quickly grip his hand tight, pull him back again so he couldn't go any farther. Lawson of course through a small fit because I wouldn't let go. He had no idea a car was coming because he wasn't paying attention and because he wasn't tall enough to see past the other cars.

Just like I held on to Lawson's hand because I could see what was ahead, God holds on to us. God sees so much more into the distant future than we can. He knows our needs and He also knows our fears. There are times when we are headed on what seems like the right path for us but it's at that moment that God's grip becomes a little tighter because He sees what lies ahead. We throw our fit because we don't get our way but He never lets go. We may let go of God but He never lets go of us.

Whatever it is that you are anxiously awaiting or maybe you have just been given a detour of where you thought you were going, God sees what lies ahead. Trust in Him.

 I love the lyrics to the song Oh No You Never Let Go:

Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me

No comments:

Post a Comment